
To all you Porto sisters, wasn't it AWESOME to hear Elder Soares (he'll always be President Soares in my head!) give the closing prayer in Sat. morning's session? Just hearing his voice gave me warm fuzzies. ;-)
I'm curious, were any of you able to attend the mission fireside last Sunday? If so, please tell me all about it. Blog about it or leave a comment here. I would have loved to be there. I miss the Soares family so much!!
On another note, I thought it was really incredible to witness the process of sustaining a new prophet, a new first presidency, and a new quorum of the 12. President Hinckley was the prophet when I was baptized eight years ago, so this is my first experience with this whole process, so forgive me for being so in awe by it all. But it's a testiment to me of the validity of our faith. The Church of Jesus Christ will always follow a pattern set by the Lord Himself and we can see it carried out in our local meetings as well as these world-wide meetings of the Church. Very cool indeed. The Spirit of God has helped me to know for myself that President Monson really is a true prophet of God and that we are still being led in the correct path.
5 comments:
hey jolie! i think the only sisters that were able to make it were Janae and I. It was fantastic though, as we would expect. Sister Soares was sick, so it was just President there.
We had a fireside and President spoke about a couple things. First he spoke about being tolerant with our spouses. He spent quite a bit of time talking about how being tolerant will help us get along much better in our families. He said that we were all more tolerant of each other when we were dating (isn't it true?). He also talked about how sister soares was tolerant of him ("tenho ganhado 70 kilos") and how he has learned to be more tolerant of her ("she speaks so fast, sometimes i don't understand her!"). It was cute, sweet, and all the things you'd expect from him.
He told us about a conversation he had with president faust. he asked how he could know if he was a successful mission president. Pres Faust told him that he would know in 20 years if all of his missionaries were married, happy, and living and teaching the gospel to their children.
He also spoke used an example of Joshua to teach a great lesson, but Mae had totally had it with Church by that point so I had a hard time paying attention.
There were quite a few elders there, mostly all married with kids. I felt like i didn't know many people there...a lot of older missionaries and AP's.
Of course the highlight was the 45 seconds we each got to talk to President. It was SOOOO worth it. I love him. Just talking to him for a short time renews me and makes me want to do all the things I know I should.
I love that man.
lol - I was going to get on and say that Heidi and I went, and Pres Soares talked about tolerance with spouses, but I don't remember much, so hopefully she does. I guess she beat me to it. I'm glad she gave you such a great review! :)
Pres Soares is wonderful!
This was one of the highlights of conference for me (weren't there so many *special* things this weekend, though?)--seeing querido Presidente! I'm glad Heidi & Jolie got to enjoy some counsel & time with him in person. We are so blessed to have him in the stories of our lives!
Queridas, It's good to hear from you all. So many memories. Heidi, thanks for the update. Jolie, how are you feeling?
Thank you Heidi and Janae for filling me in on the mission reuniao. err, you know what I mean. ;-) Jeez.
Shara, you are right. We ARE VERY blessed to know him and his family. They are such inspiring people; people who always leave you feeling happier and motivated to be your best self.
Ruth, thanks for asking. I am now feeling SO much better!! As I'm sure you know, it feels like you've accomplished so much just to make it past that ugly 1st trimester! I'm feeling more "human" again. Energy-wise, no, but nausea-wise, YES YES YES. Bring on the Oreos!!!!
Post a Comment