Josh and I have always had that 'gut feeling' about what we're having. But yesterday we discovered that our hunch was wrong! Yes, that's right folks. It looks like the Ramsey clan won't be as estrogen charged as we'd anticipated. The ultrasound clearly showed us that we're having a boy!!!!! While the doctor and his med student were trying to look at all his organs and make measurements, the baby was tightly curled up in a fetal position. And he must've been sleeping because he was barely moving! But after a while (probably from all the ultrasonic noise and the prodding!) that little guy woke up and started showing us his moves...and...err...his "stuff." Even an amateur like me was able to say, "yup, we got ourselves a boy!" ;-)
I'm sure all of you with children can relate. I just love having that second ultrasound! It's so fascinating to get a look at your baby and watch him/her move around, wiggle the hands and toes, suck a thumb, see the heart beat; whatever. It's SO cool.
Anyway, I gotta tell you a funny story. So after Josh and I left the hospital and returned to our car, the next song to play on our Ipod was none other than the Hallelujah Chorus!!!!!! We had the thing on a church song mix, and that just happened to be what was playing as we drove away!!! We had a good laugh about that. It was so fitting, I guess. As you can probably guess, Josh was wondering if he'd have a son. I mean I know we only have 2 girls. So it's not like we've already had 6 girls or something, but the poor guy was not giving his hopes up.
So when the doctor was able to get the "money shot" and announced, "It looks like you're having a boy!", Josh beamed from ear to ear.
(You know, this whole time, I thought that if we had a boy, Josh would've jumped up out of his chair and shouted for joy!! But he didn't. I could tell that he was extremely excited but there was no hootin' and hollerin'. I guess he wanted to play it cool.)
We're excited that our home will have a mix. Honestly, I'm a little nervous to have a boy now! My brain has been in "girly mode" for nearly 3 years. All I see when I look around the house is PINK. (Well, with the exception of Joanna's dinosaurs and toy cars that she prefers over her dolls and kitchen/cooking toys!) So this will be a fun, new challenge for us. It's a good thing that babies all start out the same. You just love 'em and feed 'em!
13 comments:
Yeah!!! That's so exciting for you guys! You'll just love him, little boys are so great!! CONGRATS!!
HOO-RAY!!!! Yay for Josh on getting his boy. Any names?
Oh yeah - I was right again!! I have a really great track record guessing what my friends are having, too bad I'm always wrong about my own! Let me say from having a girl first and then a boy - whoa, weird. Good luck!
Congrats!! Boys are great! We know how the boy thing works at our house. I hear they are easier than girls so you will be just great(we don't have a girl yet to compare though). We are very excited for you guys.
Kristen
Oh I'm so happy for you guys!! I think OC can relate to the Hallelujah chorus playing in the background!!
Oh Jolie boys are easy!! It sounds like you have the essentials all ready. Dinosaurs and Cars!!!! Tell Josh he can't commiserate with me anymore and I am going to miss that. Congrats!!!! Are you sticking with "J" names?
I'm so happy for you. Maybe all these baby boys can be mission companions.
We are so excited for the Ramsey Clan! Boys are so much fun. I love you guys.
YAY FOR BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)
I'm thrilled for you guys, congratulations! I just LOVE the thrill of the ultrasounds! Thanks for your great description of your experience, can't wait to hear more! love you!!
We're thrilled too. To answer your Q Anjuli, we are sticking with the "J" theme! It's funny how this is all turning out. We never really intended it to be like this, but oh well. We just liked the names Joanna and Jaclyn so much.
And this little guy is already named Jacob Glen. We've had that name picked out before we ever started trying for baby #1. And it still "feels" right, so we're going with it!!
Ruth, it would be amazing if all our little boys could grow up to be mish comps some day!! Isn't it so uncanny how so many of us are having babies all within a few months of each other...and so far, they're ALL BOYS?!?! We're just waiting to see what Janae has. C'mon Janae, have a boy too!! ;-)
Friends/mish comps I know who have had a boy in the last few months or will have a boy in the coming few months:
Anjuli, Stephanie, Lacy, Ruth, Kristen, Rachael, Shara, me, and maybe Janae. That's a lot of boys!
Congratulations!! I can totally see Josh doing a dance when he found out.
Congrats on your little guy...I don't know what we'd do with a baby girl at our house. He's gonna be a cuttie.
From Grandmomala T [Jolie's mom] Love your blog. Now that we have decent internet I can read it often. I have had some trouble getting my comment posted user names passwords and all that. I'll get the hang of this soon.
Regarding "Survival Mode": People who don't know any better ask how we know there is a God? Because we couldn't possibly do it all --- survive and flourish --- without Him. Remember the footprints in the sand story.
Regarding "Surprise, Surprise": We are excited by your news. Just don't dress up your son in your frilly christening dress and bonnet as you did to your little brother for his first Hallowe'en! Come to think of it, that very dress got crayon melted on it when you were here last [obviously God knew enough to take it out of the grandchildren's dressups bin lest his older sisters get similar ideas, heh, heh].
Post a Comment