After four years of college life it still does not seem real that he's DONE. All done. (Well, except for a Master's some day, then we'll start the whole process all over again!)
After all, virtually our entire married life has involved school, so it just feels like part of who we are as a couple. Two married people. Broke. Apartment dwellers. Broke. Late night studiers. Broke. Juggling classes and kids. Broke. Mac 'n cheese eaters. Broke. You get the idea. But soon we'll be adults (again!) and he'll get a grownup job. He has applied for various positions at KVCH (the hospital in town) and hopes to get administrative experience there. His end goal is to be a hospital administrator. You know, some day when we're "grownups". ;-D
I am so pleased and proud with his accomplishment. Anymore, not many people can actually complete a four-year degree in FOUR years. We work our way through college, take breaks to "figure out what we want to do", etc. But he did it. He even took summer classes each year to finish on time. So I gotta commend my man on a job well done!!!!
Josh and Joanna walking home together after the morning ceremony.
It's funny to think that when Josh started college in 2004, these little girls had not yet joined our family. Now it's 2008. One college degree and two (and almost 3!) children later...my how things change!!
Josh's family and some of mine came to dogtown to help us celebrate. His sister Megan, her husband, Jesse, and their three adorable boys stayed with us. Here is a picture of Megan reading a bedtime story to three of the five kiddos on Friday night. The kids had so much fun playing together all weekend.
Altogether we had 13 adults and 5 children crammed in our teenie apartment throughout the course of the weekend. But it was loads of fun!
6 comments:
Congrats, Josh!!! The girls are so beautiful with their graduate Daddy! Good job being super-hostess over the weekend, you're amazing! I WANT PICS OF THAT GROWING BELLY.
Congratulations to both of you!! How exciting! I cracked up when you said both you and his family forced him to walk. I didn't walk for high school or my BS. My dad didn't for HS, BS or his MBA. My mom thinks we're both nut cases and would like to have forced us, but we are too strong willed! :)
Congrats! That's so exciting! I can't even imagine what life will feel like when we're not living the student life anymore! CRAZY! I can't believe you had that many people in your apartment...tons of fun! And I agree, we need some pictures of the preg-ness!
Oh my heck!! That's A LOT of people to entertain in our sardine cans of apartments!
Way to go, Josh!!! Your turn, Jolie!
Congratulations to you, Josh and the girls. How are you feeling with the little fellow on the way?
Yay for Josh! Okay, so I admit I sort of stalked out your blog through other people, but just because I care what is going on with you. And hey.. at least I am saying hi! Wow, so much has changed since we left the Burg. Looks like you guys are doing great. I just started a blog too - carlileclan.blogspot.com. Let's reconnect!
Post a Comment