Every girl makes a mental checklist when they date a guy. We all did it, right?! There were certain criteria that he had to possess and measure up to, otherwise, there's the door buddy. Does he treat me like a queen? Is he a worthy priesthood holder? Does he put the toilet seat down after use? You know, the important stuff. ;-D
But honestly, somewhere in the process of dating Josh I guess it slipped my mind to make sure that he was good with kids and would be a good father to my children. Mmm, I guess at the time I was too twitterpated and over the moon in love to care!!
I sure lucked out because Josh has proven to be THE MOST WONDERFUL father to our little girls. He is so involved with everything from the diapering and bathing to the giving of horsey rides and building towers out of blocks. He is so patient and tender with them and is pretty darn discerning to their needs. Oftentimes he knows what a cry means before I do. (you know, hungry cry vs. a tired cry)
And I LOVE that he shares this thing called parenthood 50/50 with me. Whenever I'm gone at class, at the store, etc. I never have to worry about the girls being well-taken care of. He makes sure they're well-fed, diapered, and entertained. (Even if that sometimes means popping in a movie!!) He understands that the dad is not just a "babysitter" while mom is out. ('cause man that burns me when I hear women say that their husbands are home "babysitting the kids"!!) He cleans up messes after meals and reads bedtime stories. I mean, really. The guy is such a great dad and I couldn't ask for a better guy to be the father to our children.
Josh, I love you and I am very grateful for all that you do to make our home a safe and comfortable place to raise our family. You set a great example for our daughters of how a father ought to be, and I hope that they can marry a man like you some day. Happy Father's Day to you and all the other dads too!!
2 comments:
So sweet. Thanks for sharing.
Hey Jolee! I totally botched your name here! I found your blog by "blog crusin"... and I absolutely loved this one! (ps. it's nichole from 3rd ward!) Don't you love when you find out that the man of your dreams is also the most sensitive being ever when it comes to being a daddy? Kudos chicka!
~Nichole
Post a Comment