Last night around 8 p.m. life threw a curve ball at us. I started having contractions and other signs of labor! I couldn't believe it at first 'cause I'm only 35 weeks along. But I went in to the hospital to get checked out. They hooked me up to every gizmo they had, and sure enough, I was in pre-term labor. So they had me stay the night for observation while they monitored the baby and my contractions. Good news is, the baby is just fine. His heartrate is normal and he passed the stress test with flying colors. Bad news is, I'm on meds to stop the contractions and have been put on bedrest until at least 37 weeks when my doc said that he'll let "nature take its course".
At least I only have to be on bedrest for 10 days or so. I've only been confined to bed for one day so far and I'm already going nuts! I feel so lazy and helpless. And the meds make me feel really jittery and anxious, like I've just downed 6 cups of coffee in 15 minutes. They make me stammer over my words, make my hands shake and my heart race. Fun fun!! I do feel grateful, however, that this will be short-lived. I can deal with this for a week or so. I now feel so sorry for those women who have to be on bedrest and on meds for months at a time. I'd go insane!
You know, this whole time I always thought that "bedrest" meant that you could just lounge in bed with your feet up and read, work on crafts, etc. But apparantly not. It means laying down the whole time, only getting up to eat and use the bathroom. Aaaaahhhh!!!!
But I want a healthy baby more than anything so I know that it's worth it. Josh has assumed the role of "Mr. Mom". He's been doing everything today and will do the same tomorrow, the day after that, and the day after that....We now have a bet going on to see who, at the end of this pregnancy, will be the more insane person; he or I. He for having to do everything or me for having to do nothing! Time will tell.
We'll keep ya'll updated. Please keep us in your prayers so that this baby won't come too early.
8 comments:
Oh, wow! That's no fun!!
But you've got a great husband to look after you and the girls. My fingers are crossed that you make it to the magic week!
I predict that you are going to go through all this, and then when "nature takes its course" the baby is going to be a week late! Haha, just kidding. I know that must have been scary but I'm glad everything is ok with the baby. Good luck with the next 10 days or so!
I'm so sorry...hang in there! And tell Josh to hang in there as well :) Hope all goes well!
oh my gosh! wow. what a change so fast (i mean, i was JUST on the phone with you, right!? ha) I am sorry you have to be on bedrest--I hope it goes super fast! Good that Josh is such a great MR MOM that he can be such a great help for you. YOu are in my prayers! Wish I was there, I"d just come lay on your bed with you and we could be silly girls...talking and reminiscing! MIss you. Good luck. Sending good baby vibes...
:)
I know I shouldn't be, but I'm mildly jealous of you. Just mildly. Those last couple weeks were so miserable. But having the baby early is scary. So, GOOD LUCK!!!
I'm so sorry to hear that you're stuck on bedrest- as if lying down to sleep at 35 weeks pregnant isn't uncomfortable enough and here you have to DO IT, whether by choice or not. UGHHH! For some reason when I hear bedrest, I immediately think of the grandparents in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and how they're all bed ridden- I'm sure you look much better though in your youthful state ;). (your belly shot is cute- you still look so small). I wasn't on bedrest persay when I was pregnant with Noah, but I was homebound- stuck to an i.v. pole with a drip line for 6 1/2 months of the pregnancy and looking back on it now, it was all such a blur! I think I'd even go a week- or longer before showering-(completely out of character by the way). Gotta be thankful for t.v. and blogger when you're ordered to "take a break" by the doctor- it makes great company huh? I hope all goes well and the baby decides to wait to be born till he's healthy and strong- as for you- good luck! I've enjoyed reading over your leangthier posts now that your in bed all the time now- is that selfish?
Jolie I am totally feeling for you right now,I completely understand. pretty soon it will all be over and you'll be wondering why bedrest was so insanely miserable. There was this song playing on the country station "mr. Mom" by brad paisley(maybe? not sure exactly who sings it) but I was totally thinking of Josh. What a trooper. It is times like these that you realize how amazing your husband is. Hang in there! I'll give you a call to help out.
I sighed aahhh! just as I read it on your blog. I wish I was there to come and help you, bring you dinner, take your girls. We were just in town for the Simpson reception and we saw you and Josh walking down the street. It was too late by the time I realized it was you and I had my parents with me. But my heart ached to be back in Ellensburg, to sit in your home, to chat and laugh with you and Josh. It's amazing that you are so close - time sure manages to slip away. Little baby J just wants to get here :).
We had a fun surprise this weekend. Jason caught a ride with his roommates and came home. I had no idea he was coming and I cried when he walked through the door Friday night.
Hang in there. We'll include you in our prayers. Love you.
Post a Comment