Big sister wanting in on the baby action
Our horrible attempt at a family picture at the hospital. It's a good thing that my folks were there and captured better ones that I can copy later!
The stork has arrived!! Late Sunday night I went into labor, so we hurried to the hospital thinking that we'd have only milliseconds before baby's arrival. I delivered the girls in record time so we figured that baby #3 would be no different. But we were wrong!! This little feller took nearly twice as long and lots of pitocin to come out. I guess it goes to show you that every pregnancy and delivery is different and that you really can't compare them.Our good friend Rachelle came over and crashed on the futon to be with the girls so we could go to the hospital at 1:20 a.m. Talk about good friends who are willing to get out of bed and come over in the middle of the night!
By the time we got to the hospital my contractions were 3 minutes apart but then they gradually got further apart and less strong. I was so confused and a little frustrated. Josh and I got a couple hours of interrupted sleep before the doc came in around 8 a.m. to say that he'd break my waters around 10 a.m. and start an epidural at that point. (I gotta say, as frustrating as it was to have a labor that had been starting and stopping for days up 'til that point, it was really nice to be at the hospital with ample time for an epidural!!)
So that's what we did. He broke the waters and I got an epidural around 10. That still didn't get labor progressing very well so then they gave me some pitocin...and then some more pitocin...and then a little bit more. Hey, I didn't care, though! I wasn't feeling any of it!
Now this next part is the craziest thing of all. As a woman giving birth, I almost feel guilty for saying it. But after all that, I was so comfortable that I (and Josh over on the easy chair) actually nodded off for a quick nap! Yeah. I know. I'm serious. I NAPPED during the active and transition stages of my labor. I know. I know!! You can say it. I HATE YOU JOLIE.
Anyway, if you still like me at this point, read on...
Around 1:20 p.m. my doctor returned, checked me, and said, "You're ready to go!!" I could hardly believe him. I was fully dialated and efaced and I didn't even feel it. Man. Drugs are a gift from God above. Truly. Then he said, "Let's push this baby out!!"
At this point Josh woke up to a room full of people and the announcement that it was "go time". I pushed about 4 times and he was out!!!! When he came out we realized why the labor wasn't progressing very well. His position was posterior. In other words, he came out "sunny side up" instead of face down. So it's a great thing that I was all drugged up.
For about 8 months of the pregnancy we felt certain that we'd name this baby Jacob. But near the end we had a stupor of thought you could say and started thinking of other names. We really liked the name Jayden so we thought that we'd keep both names in mind when deciding what to name him. It still took us all day Monday to reach a verdict, but we decided that he seems more like a Jayden than a Jacob. He has lots of dark brown hair, long fingers, and is the spittin' image of Josh's dad!! He's healthy and beautiful, so we are filled with gratitude and love to add him to our family. We love you baby Jayden!!
Jayden Glen Ramsey
born Monday, Sept. 1, 2008
1:39 p.m.
7 lbs, 4 oz.
18.5 in.
21 comments:
Congratulations Josh and Jolie!!! This is definitely one of my favorite labor stories ever!! I hate hearing about labors that take days and leave women traumatized, so I'm so glad to hear you didn't feel anything despite it taking so long! Congrats!!
Congratulations Ramseys! I get goose bumps reading and thinking about your new arrival. Aren't epidurals wonderful - that's how I was with Emma. Thank you for explaining the name, I thought I was crazy because I remembered a different name for him. Very nice - you got your boy! I hope you're feeling well Joli.
Yeah!! Congrats, I'm so happy for you, even though I secretly DO hate you!!! ;) No but that is really great! Have fun with the new little boy! It'll shake things up a bit! And I love his name, we were debating between Kayden and Jayden, so of course I think it's a good one!
Yay Yay YAYYY! And I love the new name choice. Jayden is a really cool name! He'll be the coolest kid!! :) thanks for your labor story, and thanks for calling! It was awesome to hear your voice & hear the news from you. I love the pics on your blog, can't wait to see more. YOu look great! Hope you can get some sleep...miss you! ((HUGS FROM KENTUCKY))
Congrats!!! I was waiting for pictures, Josh called Joseph and I am so excited for you. Your labor sounds a lot like Colin except I was induced but it was really laid back and lots of waiting. Glad everyone is healthy and happy.
I am so happy for you guys. What a great blessing. Hang in there these first few weeks. Love you!
First--YAY!!!
Second--I feel the same way...I actually love the labor and delivery part because of the drugs.((and because my dr. ROCKS!)) I've been induced with every baby. With Corgan I slept the entire time Aaron watched the first Lord of the Rings. That's a 3 hour long movie!!
Third--You better call me if you need anything! I'm only yards away.
Way to go! And congrats for Josh getting his boy!
We are so excited for you. I had to push for 4 hours. You suck. NO just kidding. We love you guys and look forward to seeing the baby.
congratulations! epidural was the best 2 grand i've ever spent!
Yea!!!! We are so excited, another little cutie in your house and it looks like your girls will be great mommies too!!! Let me know how it is with three, I'm told three is the hardest I hope that's wrong!!! We're happy for you guys!!!
Congradulations on all of it.
The pictures are real good even the doctor. I'll download them as soon as I get the pc worked on.
I love the name of your blog;very fitting.
Maybe one day we will get to meet.
Love,
Aunt Judy & Uncle Noel
Hey Josh and Jolie! Congrats on the baby! I'm pretty sure it's been almost 3 years since we've seen or talked to one another. How's life? Oh it's Jen Throolin by the way. Our blog address is jake-ifer.blogspot.com
Congratulations! What a cute little dude to add to the J crew! And, I hope it makes you feel better, but we totally nodded off after the epidural, too! Wasn't it great. It felt like a pay off after giving labor to Britton, and the ungodly amount of weight that I am still trying to lose! Good luck getting ready for school!
Congratulations to you and your family! It gives Matt and I hope as we come closer and closer to delivering our first little one. Good luck!
Such a fun story of your delivery. It was so fun to see you in the hospital and look at baby Jayden. What a cool name, we really like it. I still can hardly get over how amazing you looked Jolie just after giving birth. What a wonderful, beautiful mother you are, so blessed and what a sweet little BOY! We are back from Arizona and can finally help you guys out. I'll give you a call. HOpe all is gong well this first week.
Hello!
Muitos parabens!
You have a beutifull baby
Love Lucia
4 pushes and posterior and no pain, you make me sick. Mine wasn't bad but still. great work. he is cute. i like the name. can't wait till we can hang out this fall. amber
Jolie, you look beautiful after birth. That was my first thought when I looked at your blog. Thank you for sharing these photos & Congratulations on your beautiful boy~ There is something very special about little boys, something very tender...you're going to love it.
Wow, congrats! For a second I thought we shared a birthday since the post was on Sept 3 (which is my b-day) but no luck. I love the name Jayden and you do look fabulous! What a cute family. And probably about now you are reminiscing about those bed rest days when you weren't changing dirty diapers 15 times a day and chasing 3 kids around the house.
How's baby Jayden and Mommy doing? I hope you are all having a fun fall. Isn't getting so cold? We'll have to make a trip up that way one weekend that Jason is home. It would be fun to visit. Unless you don't want us...
Post a Comment