10.14.2008

I don't wanna grow up...


Oh, if only we could be Toys R Us kids forever...err...I mean, if only we could be perpetual college students forever, then we'd always spend our evenings and weekends studying...then we'd always get to see lots of each other during the day...then we'd always be apartment dwellers...then we'd always survive on mac n cheese and Papa Murphy's pizza...then we'd always shop for great bargains at the Goodwill...(wait, I think I'll always do that last one no matter how affluent we ever become!)

Alas, Josh and I have now officially returned to the adult world. He began a "real" job last Monday!!!!! He works for--get this--his (and soon to be my) alma mater in the Accounting department! That's right. He is now employed by CWU. Ha. His official title is Fiscal Analyst and he works in the admin building. So far he is LOVIN' it!!! His coworkers are nice and fun to be around. What a blessing.


He searched and searched for a job. I betcha that he filled out at least 50 applications and sent out just as many resumes. He even had a few interviews with some pretty cool companies. For example, he interviewed with a company in SLC, UT that makes video game simulators for law enforcement agencies and the U.S. military!! Of course, he would've worked in the accounting end of things and not actually producing or testing the video games, but whatever. It was the company's product that excited him!!

In the end it was Central that offered him the best job for the best moola. And the benefits!!! Dang. This university sure takes care of their employees. Plus both of us are SO thankful that we get to stay in Ellensburg with all of our rockin' friends and church fam. We have come to love this teenie town because we have made some of the best friends that either one of us have ever had.
I'm so proud of my workin' man!! He is suited perfectly for this position and I know he'll do it very well. I just hope that he doesn't end up looking as strung out as that poor sap in the picture. Maybe around tax season each year he will...

13 comments:

Chantalle R. said...

We are sooooo happy you guys are staying in E-burg. This place wouldn't be the same with out you.

Sharalea said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you two! GO JOSH! :)

janae said...

Oh, yay!! That is really exciting! Congrats on joining the real world of adults - can't wait until we get there, too! ;)

Lore Smart said...

It all totally came together for you guys, we couldn't be happier for you both. Perfect timing, perfect job and the best part you get to stay in Ellensburg. Congrats Josh, all of that hard work has totally paid off!!!!!

Stan and Jamie said...

Congrats! That is definitely exciting stuff! Maybe we will get there one day too! :)

me said...

Hello Ramseys, this is Carolyn Rhodes from your backyard. Saw your blog through others and I just wanted to congratulate you guys for the new baby and now the job too. That is awesome!

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

Congrats Josh!! Hope all goes well, Also I really want to see some recent photos of your baby!!!!

ericksonzone said...

That is so cool! How fun to be able to stay in Ellensburg. I would have loved that, but Jason wasn't a big fan of the wind. Then he had to go and get that dang idea to go into law enforcement. What was he thinking? :) Congratulations!

Hayter Family said...

Congratulations! We love Ellensburg. Please feel free to come and visit us if you ever miss being poor college students again...we'll treat you to a "really poor college student" time. We are so excited for you guys!!!
Miss ya...give that new baby boy lots of hugs for us. And raleigh says "give josh lots of hugs from him"

ray-ray says said...

It's nice to still have you around town!

Beth Tunnell said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the other (employed) side of things!

Saciperere79 said...

Hello!
Sorry bur I´m just like the PCD

Hayter Family said...

Josh,
Congrats on the job! I'm hoping to join the real world too, someday. Keep it real, Eburg Style.

Raleigh