4.20.2009

Guess who's potty trained



I'll give you a hint. It's not Josh. But bless his heart, he's almost there!! hehehe

No seriously. I am considering the fact that we are officially down to buying diapers for only two of our three children a modern-day miracle.

Joanna has finally decided to do the deal once and for all. For the past ten months or so she has gone back and forth. I think some days it became more of a power struggle between her and I than anything else. She even stays dry at night already!! I can't believe it. Honestly, I thought it was going to be a bigger pain having a child out of diapers but boy was I mistaken. It's so much easier! She's gotten to the point that we don't have to remind her anymore to use the potty; she'll take the initiative and go on her own.

I've even noticed a difference in my hands these past few weeks. Changing fewer diapers means fewer hand washes throughout the day which means that my hands no longer resemble alligator skin!

8 comments:

Ramsey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a day! We've been diaper for about a year and I love it! I'm not sure I'm ready to go back??

Danielle Rystedt said...

Yay! Congrats! I am jealous. Jobe and I are in power struggle mode, and it's no fun. I made him wash out his poopy undies yesterday. I'm so mean...

janae said...

Oh yay!! Congrats! One down, two to go. Hallelujah!

Stan and Jamie said...

Congrats!! That is always such a nice feeling :)

ray-ray says said...

hip, hip, hooray!!

It's got to be one of top ten best feelings in the world. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when I change my last diaper.

I think when that happens I'll have to buy myself something nice. And wo be unto anyone who tries to stop me.

Beth Tunnell said...

Woo Hoo! I am so happy for you, and happy to know there is light at the end of the tunnel (or tunnell)! A little while ago I thought we only had one kid in diapers. But Britton has been showing me there should really definitely be two. Such a bummer! But you guys have made it! And I agree with Rachel. The last diaper is a really good excuse for something really good!

Emily and Nathan said...

That is so exciting! I am so excited for Amie to finally get it. She is almost there. She will go #2 every time but still wont go pee all the time. Oh, well at least it is some progress.

The Orcutt's said...

lol Oh lucky me all the fun I have coming my way! :)
That's so great you have one trained!
2 more to go!
You can do it Jolie! You can do it!