9.09.2009

Do I Say That??

Yesterday the kids and I were dancing merrily to one of their kiddie CDs. Even Jayden was boppin' along to the music. I think we danced for a half hour before their attention went elsewhere. Joanna went off to her room to play. Jayden followed. And I realized that I had a golden opportunity to have some one-on-one time with my little Jaclyn.

So I asked Jaclyn, "Do you want to dance with just mommy?"
With a snooty, little-miss-know-it-all face on she said, "No mom, I don't have time. I'm too busy."

Oh. Ok then. Has it already started? One minute she's two, the next she's 16?? Or maybe I need to look in the mirror. I guess I must say that to her more than I think. These little ones really are echo chambers of everything we say and do; whether that be for good or bad.
Great. I'm doomed!!

5 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

What a funny girl! Isn't it incredible that our children can bring us back to reality and give us a little "mommy check" when we least expect it? And in the funniest most innocent way.

The Orcutt's said...

That's so adorable!

Emily and Nathan said...

That is classic! You learn a lot about yourself through your kids!!!

Sharalea said...

hilarious! thanks for sharing!

janae said...

DUDE. My kids (read:Elijah) have started being snooty lately too! AGH! Mommy is still cool, you guys. I'm not ready for this!! ;)