1.20.2010

Sledding

As you can see by the date stamp, it was a month ago that we took the kids sledding. Better late than never, right?! Joanna's preschool class was going sledding, so I took Jaclyn and Jayden along for the sweet ride. And oh, what a ride it was for all the kids that day!

The hill that Joanna's teacher chose was perfect. It was out at Ellensburg Golf course, and Josh tells me that we sledded right down the fairway of Hole #1. And the snow was perfect too. It had rained the day before, and then refroze so the hill was extra slick!!

I'm not doing anything wrong, mom! Honest!! Jayden accompanied Joanna on the sled a couple times, but after his second spill, I think he felt content playing in the snow. ;-)

Hot cocoa and donut break!!
Here's some of Joanna's friends from school. Her teacher, Mrs. Martone, is the lady in the black coat. Joanna loves her!

Joanna is the one on the far right.

Jaclyn was skiddish about sledding at the start. She's always so cautious! But she eventually warmed up to the idea and climbed into a sled. I had to push her off against her will, but you should have seen the look of excitement in her eyes when she climbed back to the top of the hill and asked me if she could do it again!
And after that, she was a sledding fool. There was no stopping her!!

The golf course's caretaker's dogs ran out to play with the kids. Jayden and Jaclyn were entertained by them. They got a kick out of watching me play fetch with the dogs.



Joanna with her "toobie" as she calls it. I called it an inner tube. Her 4 year old ears heard "toobie" and the name has stuck.

4 comments:

janae said...

Toobie. That's so cute! My kids do that kind of stuff all the time and it's my favorite. I've started saying some words incorrectly just to keep them saying the fun versions they come up with!

Chantalle R. said...

That looks so fun!!! If it snows again we should take the kids. Riska would love it!

Lore Smart said...

Love all the snow pics.....SNOW???? what is that. A very foreign thing to us down here in the dessert. Little Jaclyn and Joanna and Jayden look so cute all bundled up in their snow clothes. What a fun day you all had. Miss you guys,,,,gosh it was so fun to come and visit you over winter break. you are like family. Love you all and thinking of you.

Pamela Brown said...

What a fun activity for her preschool to do. They all look so happy, and I love the sled, that is so perfect for kids. I really miss Ellensburg, and Bunco night, but I hope you guys are doing well!!!!