I feel like an r-tard because I forgot to take pictures of grandma and Leon that day. I'll point them out in pictures below. They looked so happy together. I was taken aback at how peaceful and collected Carol looked after they came out of the sealing room.
Attending a wedding for older adults was a reflective experience. As I reminisced about my wedding, I remember worrying about the stupidest stuff, like having the perfect hair, an acne breakout, and fitting into my wedding dress. (Josh and I had such a short engagement--6 weeks--that there was no time for fittings or alterations.)
Seeing the serenity on Carol's face helped me to realize that it often takes years of experience and opportunities to gain wisdom to make us learn what's truly important in this life. It's not about having the picture perfect wedding. It's not about looking like a cover girl for a bridal mag. What matters most are the eternal bonds we form in this life that can carry with us on to the next. As the Grail Knight from Indiana Jones says, we must "choose wisely".
====================================================================
A week later, on March 13th, Josh's youngest sibling, Lauren, got married. Lauren and Brad made it official by having a gorgeous wedding and reception in Stansbury Park, Utah. About a year ago, Lauren's boss played 'yenta' and hooked the two up. (Her husband works with Brad in the same Marine unit.) I remember visiting around the time that they'd started dating and it was obvious that they were crazy about each other.

One thing that made Lauren's wedding even sweeter was thatJesse (Megan's husband) officiated the wedding ceremony.
The wedding party! Did I mention that Megan (my sister in law on the far left) made our dresses?! I know. Amazing.
Okay. Here's most of the Ramsey clan + Brad's immediate family that were there.The other newlyweds, grandma Carol and Leon, are the 4th and 5th people from the right.










3 comments:
Jolie, I'm telling you, it takes me off guard your new look. I love it! You look so fresh and young. I think I need to get my hair cut!
You're too kind, Cindy. Truth is, I just had my hair done that way the day of Lauren's wedding. My every day look is still the same--straight hair. Usually pulled back in a pony tail. ;-)
But YES! I, too, LOVED how the lady did my hair that day. Because I have naturally straight hair, I wish that it was naturally curly.
The next morning I could have cried when I had to wash my hair and say good bye to that hair do!!
What BEAUTIFUL pictures! I enjoyed reading about these two special occasions in the Ramsey family!! And LOVED seeing all your families sweet pictures!
Post a Comment