5.06.2010

Mt. Never-Rest

Houston, we have a problem.

This just in...

A seemingly innocuous hill of whites and colors which appeared in the Ramsey's master bedroom six days ago has now expanded to ominous proportions, slowly taking over the bed, spilling over onto the floor, and burying the dwelling's inhabitants there within.

This ever-growing mass of what has come to be known to the Ramsey household's matriarch and sole laundry-doer, as "Mt. Never-rest", has, in essence, taken on human characteristics.
Witnesses claim that the mountain's sinister and menacing voice will frequently cry out in victory as another square foot of the bedroom is buried. Witnesses also assert that they have heard the matriarch talking to the mountain, plea-bargaining with it that she will promise to always stain treat if the clothes will promise to fold themselves.

An aerial shot of Mt. Never-rest.
(I love how a pair of panties make up the mountain's peak. Haha! Panties Peak.)

This mountain may not size up to Washington's Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams, or even to what's left of Mt. St. Helen's, but as God as my witness, Mt. Never-rest is far more difficult to conquer!!

Unlike mountains of the earthen sort, this textile-made mountain is movable without faith. Every day when said matriarch wakes up, she promises herself that today will be the day that she conquers Mt. Never-rest, vowing to never let it reach such mammoth proportions ever again.
Alas, she reaches her day's end, only to admit her defeat. In her exhausted, semi-conscious head and by the power of Mother Earth she commands Mt. Never-rest to move from atop her bed to the floor below. And in one fell swoop of her floppy arm, the mountain is laid to rest on the side of the bed....for the sixth straight night in a row.

What role, if any, does the patriarch of the household play in defeating Mt. Never-rest, you might ask? Why doesn't he just use his priesthood powers to command the elements to fold and sort themselves? I have come to accept the fact that even the priesthood of God is not strong enough to make the laundry clean and fold itself. ;-)
Hmmm, or maybe it's the holder of that priesthood?? He might have the faith, but as we learn from scripture, ladies. Faith without works is dead.


Hilary Weeks says/sings it so perfectly.




"I think therefore I am. I'm a woman so therefore I do laundry." ~Hilary Weeks

4 comments:

Sharalea said...

laughing.
with you.

We just conquered our Mt. Never-rest last week but today is laundry day so we'll see if I have the gusto to keep it from being formed again.

Laundry is the chore I hate the most. well, doing it doesn't bother me a bit. It's the FOLDING part.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

May you find the forces needed to tackle such an obstacle.

:)

(Glad to see we're not the only ones!!)

Chantalle R. said...

I was rolling by the time I finished your post. I too have my own dreaded mountain to conquer and mine too has been moved from the bed to the floor several nights in a row. It's tyranny of my bedroom ends tomorrow! (I hope)

Angela said...

I love this post! The laundry at our house has definitely increased since the little one came along, but I'm sure you have me beat hands down. Good luck! :)

Pamela Brown said...

That is so funny, I love how you put that!!! But it is so true, I have a mountain of my own sitting on the floor waiting for me, but I think I will put if off until tomorrow, or the next day which ever comes first :)