See this? This is the essence of male ingenuity.
As new homeowners we recently encountered our very first problem that needed fixing. See that open air vent on the wall? That's our outtake vent. The filter needed to be changed so I asked Josh to take care of it. We don't own a ladder yet, so Josh stared at the vent and shrugged his shoulders. How was he going to reach it? Well lucky for Josh, his 4 yr old sidekick Jayden was nearby, carefully observing the dilemma. Jayden disappears into the girls' bedroom for a minute and comes out with their bunkbed ladder! "Here dad, use this ladder!" Initially Josh smiled and said, "Thank you, son, but this ladder isn't quite long enough to reach that high."
But the gears were a 'turnin' in their heads...I could see them turning from across the room! Josh got the purple bin to stand the ladder on, and Jayden thought to get a dining room chair to put it on. And before I knew it, these boys had a ladder that could reach the air vent!
Oh, and I don't know if you can tell, but those are Josh's slippers hung on each side of the ladder so the wall wouldn't get scuffed up. ;-)
I was so impressed at their collaboration; especially on Jayden's part. He's a little problem solver! I'm also pretty amazed that Josh didn't fall and break his face on that ladder.
2 comments:
Brilliant!
Now that sounds like the boy i raised! NOT. Where is the safety in this situation! I did laugh the entire time reading this. Really a huge stress reliever for me! I love you guys and miss you all!!!!!
Post a Comment