
There truly must be something in the U.S. water supply!!!!!! Well, chalk me up with the rest of the momma crew that's expecting again, 'cause Josh and I just found out that we're going to have our third baby!!!!!!!! [cue shrilling freak out scream] Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Yep, that's right folks. Dear Jolie, the girl who, just LAST WEEK (two days before testing +) told someone that my baby factory was gonna have to be closed down for a while until we both finish school. My, my, how life (aka, Heavenly Father!) throws you some curve balls sometimes. This is the way it always goes with me, though. If I were a more superstitious person, I'd knock on wood after making comments like that. HA!
We are actually SUPER excited, and WAY more relaxed and calm about this than I'd originally imagined. I mean, most people will tell you that it's having that 3rd child that really throws things off kilter because now the children outnumber the adults in the house!!! But I know we'll adjust. I'm already looking forward to having s'more teenie fingers and toes to tickle!!! (Incidentally, baby toes are probably my favorite feature on those little things. They're so cute!!)
**This part is for Shara: Do you remember when I called you in a teary panic when I found out that I was pg with Jaclyn?! Josh was at work and I needed someone to talk to before I, like, passed out. I was SO shocked that we were having baby #2 so soon! Joanna was only 6 months old at the time. But you helped me so much and calmed me right down. Ah, I was just reminiscing about that whole experience and it made me laugh.**
My 1st doc appt. isn't for another 3 weeks, so I'll have to wait to tell ya'll what our official due date is. I would have a better "guesstimate" of my own, but my cycles have never been regular, so I really don't know how far along I am. (Sorry if that was TMI for you. I used to care about sharing that kind of stuff but after being in the Ramsey family for 4.5 years, I'm open to pretty much any subject of discussion!!) But judging from my last two pregnancies and when I started "feeling" pregnant with them, I'm guessing that I'm currently 5 weeks along, which would make the baby due in September...right around Joanna's 3rd birthday. (Her b-day is the 10th) And OH BOY am I startin' to feel it!! Ug. The good ol' nausea and fatigue thing is beginning to hit. Hurray for the 1st trimester!! BARF. It's a good thing that it's all worth it in the end, right?!
For anybody who's interested to know, I met with my advisor today to tweak my academic plan to compensate for the new baby's arrival. I can still graduate on time (this coming fall '08 quarter) as long as I take one extra class next quarter (spring) and two summer classes. Then this fall (yes, as in a few weeks after I deliver) I will only have to take one class and my senior exit interview crap-ola class. I figure, I can handle one class and a few interviews with the new baby. PLUS, my sweet mother-in-law has offered to come up here and stay for a few weeks to help out with everything, so that will be a huge, huge weight off my shoulders. And Josh will also be completely done in the fall, so it looks like we will have much to celebrate later this year!!
See, so in the end, everything will work out and at the end of the day I can breathe a cleansing breath of relief and say, "God is in complete control." I know that He is. This is His little child and He wants him/her to come now.
So, let's see here. I now join the ranks of so many of you who are expecting right now!!! There's Anjuli, Tasha, Beth, Shara, Ruth, Janae, Stephanie, and Lacey. I hope I'm not excluding anybody. (Well, unless, of course, you're glad to not be on this sort of list right now!! haha)
Healthy pregnancies to all, and to all a good night!!!
7 comments:
congrats!!! It is nice to hear that someone didn't plan the whole being pregnant thing like us. Not that it makes life any less crazy when it happens. We are way excited for you guys!!!! Are you hoping for a boy like I am hoping for a girl? We find out in a week so stay posted.
wow.
honestly, jolie, your faith makes me emotional! I appreciate so much your post--it just glows with your testimony of Who is in charge and your willingness to change your plans as needed to go with the Real Plan! You are an inspiration, thank you for that. (and yes, I remember that freaking out phonecall & I'm so glad I could help calm you down...I hope you're ready in the next few years when I need to call you for the same thing!) Also you should know what an inspiration your conversion story is--to 50 YW in the Paducah, KY stake! I shared your special story with them to show them how even our smallest actions (staying up on a bus reading the book of mormon) can change lives. Anyway, welcome to the pregnant team! We also find out next week what we're having so we'll stay posted! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Hey Jolie...I love that picture, for starters. My mom was all about baby toes too. Really you are amazing! One of my favorite people of Shara's favorite people. WOW. I had my first 3 similar to you, ( 3 under 3 years old! ) but only for Shara was I still actually IN school. That is to say, I had her 2 days after my last on campus class...I still had one homestudy class to finish, which I did before #2 arrived. So you will be amazing me! BUT as you say, you have amazing hubby and amazing support, and well, you didn't say it, but I am ...you are amazing. I cried when I found out I was having #3 for the reasons you stated BUT he was my easiest baby ever with the sweetest disposition his whole life, even now! And Shara was big enough to be a big help even at her young age...she could run get diapers and wipes and even push the stroller if needed . I have the sense that you will do very well, and your blessings will just heap up all around you! tell your mom I said hi! and check out flylady.net if you have any reason at all to need her...she is free. It would have helped me alot when I was in your shoes. In fact it would have helped if I would have worn shoes instead of go barefoot. Now I know.
Wow - Congratulations! I think there really is something in the water! I have three neighbors with surprises due this summer. Three. In my cul-de-sac. That is so crazy! I'm relieved that everything is working out with graduation. Phew! So you really are just following right along in my footsteps, aren't you?! I mean, if this one is due in September like you think, we'll be right on track to have all our kids spaced exactly the same distance apart!! So, wanna let me know what you are thinking about number 4, just so I can plan ahead?! ;)
Ya!!! Congrats!!! So you'll have 3 kids in three years just like us!!! I must admit, at first it's pretty hard, but I wouldn't change it now!! (well, maybe some days!! ;) ) Keep us posted on how it's going and I hope you don't feel too yucky!!!
YAY!!! Isn't it so funny how excited we all get over having a baby? I was just asking Aaron last night when he thought we should have our next one. Crazy, I know. Blake will be 1 in 3 months. Can't really stop manufacturing when you're in the baby business. ;)
Congratulations Jolie!!!! It has been SOOO long since we've seen you guys and I am so happy for you! I haven't even met Jaclyn yet and you guys are having a third! We're so excited for you!!!
Post a Comment