8.26.2010

a little taste of summer

Let's see how vague I can be on the details. We did lots of fun stuff. This, that, and the other thing. We've sure had a fantastic summer doing everything we've done! ;-P



The most exciting part of our family's summer has been my nephew's baptism. Isaiah turned eight years old in June, and in order to get as much family at his baptism, it was held over the 4th of July weekend. That's my bro-in-law, Jesse, a.k.a. Bishop Carlson.

Isaiah on his baptism day.
This little guy was born while I was on my mission and now he's baptized?! Did I blink?

C.L.A.S.S.I.C. picture of my husband. 'nuf said.
(cousins Isaiah and Josiah reading a book on the couch, Joanna sucking her thumb, Jayden on the floor looking at a book about Cars. <----c.l.a.s.s.i.c. Jayden shot, too, I might add. He loves anything CARS!)

While Josh and the kids went to Isaiah's baptism in western WA, I went on a week-long road trip with my kid bro, Derek, back to our mother land. The place where we grew up. North Dakota. Or if you're from ND, it's pronounced, Norda Kota. Ya, sure, you betcha. ;-)

Derek was a headin' back for his 10 yr. class reunion, and I had made plans months in advance to visit a bunch of my old friends from childhood/young adulthood. In Dickinson, the real homecoming weekend is always 4th of July weekend. That's when all the class reunions are held, and TONS of people return to see old friends. The place was hoppin'!! There it's called "Roughrider Weekend" to commemorate Teddy Roosevelt and the Roughriders.
But anyway.....

I dropped the kids off at my mom's on July 2nd, and then Derek and I began our long haul across WA, ID, and the ridiculously wide state of MT. Derek and I had so much fun traveling together!

The house above is my childhood home in Dickinson, ND. My fam lived in the same town in the same house for 15 years. In my opinion the people living there now have let the yard go to crap. It used to look tons better when we lived there. My mom always had lush, colorful flower beds and no ugly, unkept bushes below the deck.


Derek and I drove there. 15 hours. Long, yes. But I gotta say, it didn't feel nearly as long as that same drive felt 3 years ago when Josh and I did it with two kids.

Derek kept the car that whole weekend to get himself around to all of his reunion events. I think I got the sweeter deal, though, because this bright orange truck was MY ride for the weekend!! My friend, Michele, bought this beauty for her 16 year old brother and she let me drive it around while I was in town!! What do you think?? It suits me a lot better than a minivan, eh?

(don't ask me what its make and model are because I'm a dumb woman like that. I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff. I can tell you it was orange and that it had 4 wheels!)

This is LowLow. And rightfully named, I might add. Just to give you some perspective, Michele is 5'2". Notice how much taller she is than the truck??
The washed out pic doesn't do this truck justice. It's paint detail is actually BRIGHT, shimmery orange. In the sunlight, Lowlow glistens like Edward in the meadow. hahahahaha

Michele, Lylie, me, Nichole

*I just realized that these pics are completely out of order. But you know what? I don't care!!*

Sooooo, we kicked off the summer with an awesome trip to a water park with Joanna's preschool class. If you haven't been to Surf n Slide in Moses Lake yet, you gotta gettcher tails there today! It's perfect for the little ankle biters. Tons of kiddie slides, fountains, pools, and playground toys.
The day was gorgeous. We couldn't have ordered a more beautifuler day. ;-)



As a family, we have consumed an exorbitant amount of Popsicles this summer. Mostly because it's summer! And it's hot! But for whatever reason I've been craving them like a madwoman. And, well, since I do the grocery shopping, guess what momma comes home with every week.

Now to bid you adieu, here's some sassy, colorful tongues sticking out at you.

1 comment:

Chantalle R. said...

That last picture is so the Ramsey family I know and love!!!