3.03.2012

a mother's intuition


A little over a year ago I came to Josh and told him that I felt deep in my heart we should have another child. He was quick to shoot me an eyebrow-cocked glare and tell me I was crazy to want to add to the craziness that already existed in our home. But "something" was telling me over and over again for months that our family was not yet complete. And not only was I convinced that we should add to our family, I felt very strongly that it was going to be another boy. After a few months of discussion and prayer, we decided together that we'd take the baby plunge again. Besides, since I am the neck I was able to turn the head to see things my way.  ;-)
After I found out I was pregnant, my symptoms and cravings further convinced me of the fact that we were, indeed, going to have that boy I'd been anticipating for a long time.  Cravings of meat n' potato type food for every meal, acne breakouts, crazy, intense dreams every night, chinny-chin-chin hairs to pluck (oh yeah! probably my favorite symptom!).....it's been my pregnancy w/ Jayden all over again.

So Thursday's ultrasound left us all feeling pretty shocked to say the least when the ultrasound tech told us that we are having our 3rd GIRL!! I'd completely convinced myself...and Josh...and the kids...and everybody else...there was a little male floating around in there.  If I've talked to you in the past couple months personally, you can vouch that I've been telling the world this was going to be a boy!
HA.  So to hell with my "mother's intuition"!

I am beyond excited to have one more girl. I've already pulled out all the pink, girly baby clothes we'd saved; just to look at them again!  And do you know who's really, really happy this baby is a girl??  Josh! Yes.  He is.  You see, he has a soft spot for his girls and sometimes I think he views Jayden as a spinning, 3 foot tall dervish of destruction.  So the thought of not having one more human tornado in the house brings a sigh of relief to him. ;-)

So now it's time to come up with another "J" name, isn't it?!

4 comments:

janae said...

I have a perfect tract record of being wrong - I thought Seara was a boy, and I was certain that all three of my boys (which obviously includes the one in utero) were girls. Funny! Congrats on your new girl!

ericksonzone said...

That is so funny! At least you found out now though instead of preparing completely for a boy. I like the name Jenna

Jolie said...

It's funny you say that Cindy because so far the name Jenna is at the top of our list!!

Sharalea said...

Love this!! What a lucky little lady to join her older siblings in your family of fabulousness :)

Trevor also has a soft spot for girls, so glad we get to cuddle one now! :)